Dog Friendly Stays at Ednam House
We are paws-itively delighted that you are considering Ednam House for your dog friendly break. With twelve dog friendly bedrooms and three acres of gardens there’s no need to leave anyone behind when you book a stay with us.
The rolling hills, green pastures, rugged coastline and majestic moorland of the Scottish Borders are a veritable pooch paradise and you’ll find no shortage of fabulous walks with plenty to entertain you and your four-legged friend. Crossed by three of Scotland’s long-distance routes, the region boasts miles of walking trails offering the perfect way to see the charm and character of the Borders in all their glory. Whether you want to hot foot the entire length of the Borders Abbey Way or merely fit in a few circular walks during your stay, Ednam House offers a comfortable home from home from which to base yourself.
If you’re bringing your dog, please rest assured that you can expect the same high standards of service and quality in our pet-friendly rooms as you can throughout the hotel. In fact we’ll do all that we can to ensure everyone’s creature comforts are more than satisfied. We provide a doggy welcome pack with a few essentials to use during your stay as well as some tasty treats for your travelling companion to nibble on.
Your dog is welcome to join you in the Bar and the Lounge; however, we are unable to allow dogs in the Restaurant. Please always respect your fellow guests when in the public areas of the hotel by keeping your dog on a lead.
We politely request that you do not allow your dog to sit or lie on the furniture in the bedroom and that you wipe their feet on the towel provided to keep the room as clean as possible. For safety purposes we can only service our dog-friendly bedrooms when they are vacant. Please liaise with Reception and use the ‘do not disturb’ door hanger provided in your welcome pack to advise when Housekeeping can enter your room.
If you find on arrival that you’ve perhaps travelled a little too light and have forgotten some of your doggy essentials, then fret not. At Reception we have a stock of dog poo bags, dog shampoo and deodoriser available to borrow. We also have a limited supply of dog brushes and tick removal tools for you to use should you need them.
You’re welcome to borrow one of our torches for those early morning walks and inevitable pre-bedtime strolls. Please ask us to show you our hi-tech canine spa facilities, aka hosepipe and towel off area, which is located to the side of the property. We request that you bring your own dog towels wherever possible, but do also have spares if you need to borrow one.
Our Dog Policy
For the comfort of your fellow guests, yourself and your dog, we politely ask all dog owners to follow our guidelines on dogs at Ednam House during your stay.
- We welcome well behaved and fully trained pets at Ednam House.
- We have a limited number of designated dog friendly rooms and can accommodate up to two small dogs or one larger breed to stay in a room.
- A fee of £15 per dog, per night is charged for your pet to stay at Ednam House.
- Please refrain from allowing your dog to sit or lie on the hotel furnishings; any additional cost for deep-cleaning, repair and replacement of damaged facilities caused by your pet will be
- charged to you as the pet owner.
- For the comfort of other guests, we ask that you keep your dog on a lead and under control at all times.
- It is expected that you may leave your dog in your bedroom while you dine in the Restaurant. However, please do not leave your dog unattended for long periods of time or leave the hotel without your dog.
- For the safety and comfort of your pet and our staff, Housekeeping will only service your bedroom if it is vacant. Please use the ‘do not disturb’ door hanger provided in your welcome pack to indicate when your room is empty.
- Dogs are welcome to join you in the Bar and Lounge providing that they are on a lead and are well-behaved. We ask that you consider other guests in this area. Dogs are not allowed in the Restaurant.
- Please clean up after your pet at all times. We have a stock of spare dog poo bags available from Reception should you require them, and waste bins are located in the hotel grounds.
- We reserve the right to require immediate removal of any pet that displays inappropriate behaviour including but not limited to excessive barking, biting etc. You will be responsible for all charges relating to the removal of your pet including transportation and kennel charges.
- Should there be any damage within the hotel premises we will be entitled to recover the cost of repair or replacement of any damages or loss of revenue.